WORKPLACE SAFETY INSURANCE BOARD (WSIB)
If this is a WSIB treatment claim, please select WSIB Forms Package here to download and print.
Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)
New & Important Changes for MVA Clients. Please read this first.
If this is a MVA treatment claim, please select MVA Forms package here to download and print.
Please complete all forms in full and bring them with you.
1. During your first visit you can expect the following:
- Arrive at your appointment with your paperwork completed. Please see FIRST VISIT PACKAGE forms on the right. Be sure to arrive at the appointment time given which includes time to fill out the forms before your appointment.
- You do not require a referral from your doctor to receive physiotherapy treatment, however some insurance companies require a referral before they will reimburse your claim.
- You will be seen for the initial evaluation by your therapist.
- After a history and physical examination, your therapist will then formulate a list of problems you are having, and determine how to treat those problems.
- A plan is subsequently developed with your input.
- This includes how often you should see the therapist, how many weeks you will need treatment, home exercises, patient education, short-term/long-term goals, and what is expected after discharge from treatment.
- This plan is created collaboratively between you and your physiotherapist.
- The treatment plan is your ‘roadmap’ to get from where you are currently to where you want to be.
- This visit may take from 45 minutes to an hour.
2. What do I wear?
Wear or bring a pair of gym shorts and t shirt for a low back or lower extremity problem, a tank top for a neck/shoulder/upper extremity problem.
3. What should I bring?
Please bring the following:
- Your doctors referral for physiotherapy (if applicable)
- Copies of any test and/or imaging results that you may have in your possession
- Insurance company name, number, policy and identifying #’s and main telephone number (if applicable)
If you have been in a motor vehicle accident,
also bring adjuster’s name, telephone number, date of accident as well as any private insurance information details.
If you have a work related injury, then you will need your claim number and pre-approval from your WSIB case worker before your assessment is scheduled.
4. What if I have to cancel the first visit?
Except under extenuating circumstances, if you cancel the first visit (with less than 24 hours notice) you will be charged a fee of $50.00.