Massage therapy can be beneficial to people of all ages and conditions and is widely used to help obtain relief from many specific problems, including:
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Stress relief and associated conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions: spasms, strains and sprains
- Back pain
- Repetitive strain injury
- Circulatory and Respiratory problems
- Pregnancy and labour discomfort
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
A Massage Therapist is a regulated health professional.
- Only members of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario are permitted to use the title Massage Therapist or Registered Massage Therapist and use the letters MT or RMT with their names.
- Massage therapists have completed a 2-3 year diploma programme from a recognized massage therapy school.
- Massage therapists participate in a Quality Assurance Programme that assists them in the maintenance of high professional standards and quality care of their clients.